Improve your digital life by exercising your rights
This FREE online course is your chance to learn new skills and significantly improve your digital life!
You will also discover how your personal data can be utilized and managed to benefit you the most.
Check out the introduction video!
What is Digirights.info?
Digirights.info – Digital Rights for Citizens is a free online course to help citizens understand and execute new rights in daily life. The course is being developed by Open Knowledge Finland and funded by Internet Society and Eurooppatiedotus.
The course will give you essential information and simple tools to understand the new digital rights (GDPR) in a language anyone can understand. You don’t have to be a lawyer to take the course. Come as you are and gain more control over your digital life.
Outcomes for learners
The Digirights online course will provide you with new skills to:
* Understand what are the new digital rights and why should we care.
* Know how to find out what an organization is doing with your data.
* Gain access to personal data.
* Erase personal data from unwanted places.
* Evaluate what type of benefits you might get from your personal data.
* Get a glimpse into the future of personal data society and understand the opportunities.
Know your rights and how to use them! The Digital Rights for Citizens -online course is starting on January 15th 2019. The launch-event will be live-streamed from Eurooppasali. Come by or
Know your rights and how to use them!
The Digital Rights for Citizens -online course is starting on January 15th 2019. The launch-event will be live-streamed from Eurooppasali. Come by or tune in via streaming!
STREAM LINK: https://livestream.com/internetsociety2/digirights
During the course 4 hosted webinars will be held on Tuesdays 22nd Jan, 29th Jan, 5th Feb and 12th Feb. Here the participants can get support for the course and give feedback.
Language will be both in English and in Finnish.
***Anyone interested in their data protection are encouraged to participate!***
ENROLL FOR THE COURSE HERE: https://digirights.info/enroll-now/
The Digital Rights for Citizens -online course is for you if you’re thinking about questions such as:
– How can I stop irrelevant telemarketing?
– Why and how do companies use my Loyalty Card data?
– How can I find information on how organizations use my data?
– What benefits could I receive if I was able to receive my data?
– What would a society look like where I would be able to transfer MyData as needed?
The Internet Society (ISOC) and the Finnish Foreign Ministry have funded Open Knowledge Finland (OKF) to create a quick free course on our new digital rights after the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came in to force on the 25th of May 2018.
Join us and learn concrete steps to make GDPR work for you!
Read more: https://digirights.info/
Month Long Event (january)
Eurooppasali / Online streaming
Malminkatu 16, Helsinki
- Why Should We Citizens Care About Our Digital Rights?
- GDPR in a Nutshell
- The Ecosystem of Your Personal Data
- Understanding and requesting your data
- Exercising your digital rights
- Special Digital Rights
- The Future of Digital Citizen Rights: MyData – Personal Data at Your Disposal